The Northwest Tennessee Economic Development Council has begun accepting applications for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance program.

This program helps low income households in the council’s area, which includes Henry, Benton, Carroll, Crockett, Dyer, Gibson, Lake, Obion and Weakley counties.

The council makes direct energy payments to residents’ energy providers.

Households with total annual income below 150% of the federal poverty guidelines may be assisted. Proof of gross household income is required to determine eligibility. Applicants must also submit a government ID, social security number verification for all household members and a current utility company print-out showing the last 12 months of usage at their current location. 

Henry County residents interested in applying for the program should make an appointment at the council office at the Central Community Service Center, 55 Jones Bend Road Extended in Paris.

For more information, go online to

Funding for the program is provided through the Tennessee Housing Development Agency.

Load comments