A man accused of causing a car crash that killed an 11-year-old child was indicted for vehicular homicide Monday by a Henry County grand jury.
Kevin Riley Hilt, 39, of 55 Mimosa St. in Henry was indicted on two counts of vehicular homicide, two counts of reckless endangerment, vehicular assault, and DUI in a crash that killed Abigale Luceio on Nov. 17, 2018. The wreck occurred on Highway 79 southwest of Paris near Routon.
Ricky Anthony Glisson, 36, of Camden, the driver of the car in which Luceio was riding, was also indicted on two counts of child neglect, two counts of reckless endangerment, DUI (marijuana) and driving on a revoked license.
According to Hilt’s arrest warrant, Hilt was speeding and following too closely when he rear-ended the vehicle driven by Glisson. Glisson’s vehicle overturned, throwing out both Luceio and Sheynne Glisson, 13. Neither girl was wearing a seatbelt and both were trapped under the vehicle. Sheynne Glisson was airlifted to Vanderbilt Medical Center for treatment of her injuries.
Neither driver was injured, according to reports at the time of the crash.
There were 61 indictments brought before the grand jury Monday, including two secret indictments, meaning that the defendants in those cases have not yet been arrested.
One indictment for Damon Burner, age and address unknown, was deemed a “no true bill,” meaning that the grand jury did not find enough evidence for an indictment. Burner had been accused of violation of the sexual offender registry.
All defendants indicted during Monday’s court session are scheduled to appear Tuesday for arraignment in Henry County Circuit Court.
A separate story listing drug-related indictments appears on Page 6.
Other defendants indicted — listed with age, last known address, and charges — include:
• Jared Payton, 30, 1450 Hwy. 69A east of Paris — aggravated rape, eight counts of rape, aggravated assault, attempted aggravated rape.
• Jeremy Lynn, 35, 202 Harrison St., Paris — two counts of violation of the sexual offender registry.
• Rodney Keith Avant Jr., 41, 1024 Depot St., Paris — two counts of aggravated burglary.
• Christina Ethier, 38, Murray — theft.
• Anthony Fleschiner, 24, 206 S. Lake St., Paris — theft.
• Ronald Hart, 59, 1015 Point Pleasant Road, Paris — burglary, theft.
• Brian McNairl, 37, 1110 Dunlap St., Paris — robbery.
• Kari Vetzel, 34, 414 Memorial Drive, Paris — aggravated burglary.
• Anthony Lynn Bomar, 48, 509 Irvine St., Paris — assault.
• Matthew Adam Catlett, 36, Dalton, Ga. — vehicular assault, two counts of DUI.
• Jerry Tyrone Dunlap, 38, 401 N. Porter St., Paris — domestic assault.
• Tyrin McCauley, 24, 345 Harrison St., Paris — aggravated assault, reckless endangerment, vandalism.
• Evan Gene Owen, 26, 39 Mockingbird Lane, Henry — aggravated assault.
• James David Perkins Jr., 31, 1223 King St., Paris — aggravated assault.
• Jeramy Wardlow, 36, 1485 Guthrie Road, Paris — two counts of aggravated assault.
• James Austin Conger, 21, 1110 Grove St., Paris — speeding, two counts of evading arrest, two counts of resisting arrest, two counts of aggravated assault, three counts of reckless endangerment, leaving the scene of an accident, DUI, driving with no insurance.
• Matthew Hamilton, 37, 218 Wilson St., Paris — evading arrest.
• Zaria Nored, 22, 2633 VanDyke Road, Paris — evading arrest, aggravated child endangerment, driving without a driver’s license.
• Jon Anthony Solberg, 40, Big Sandy — evading arrest, reckless endangerment, driving with a revoked license, possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Sabrina Burns (Greer), 40, 425 Oak St., Paris — impersonation of a licensed professional. On May 21, Burns, who has no degree in law, attempted to represent a client in Henry County General Sessions Court. A report of the incident indicated she had charged the defendant for her services as a lawyer.
• Dankia Edmonson, 39, Huntingdon — harrassment.
• Bobby King, 71, Macon, Ga. — hindering secured creditors.
• Dericko Lajuane Patton, 32, 724 Williams St., Paris — tampering with evidence.
• Shelby Potts, 20, 1409 Chickasaw Road, Paris — accessory after the fact for the crime of second degree murder.
• Bruce Lindsay Robinson, 57, 306 Routon St., Paris — vehicular assault, five counts of reckless endangerment, failure to exercise due caution, two counts of DUI, violation of the implied consent law.
• Caleb Bryan Roe, 31, 360 Walnut Drive, Springville — aggravated child abuse.
• Kayla Watkins, 27, 13375 Old Paris-Murray Road, Puryear — aggravated cruelty to animals, three counts of cruelty to animals.
• Megan Marie Woods, 36, 1070 Guthrie Road, Paris — aggravated child endangerment.