No one was injured in a fire at a mobile home Thursday morning on Old Union Road. According to James Martin, chief of the Oakland Volunteer Fire Department, the mobile home at 1199 Old Union Road off Highway 69A east of Paris belongs to Bobby Evans. Martin said the home was a complete loss and was threequarters burned upon the fire crew’s arrival. The fire is believed to have been caused by a heat lamp in a shed that was used for dogs, which were rescued by neighbors and officers with the Henry County Sheriff’s Department. The Oakland VFD sent three fire engines and five firefighters at 4:40 a.m. to the fire. They were at the scene until 8 a.m. In that time, they received assistance from the Springville Volunteer Fire Department, which sent two fire engines and four firefighters, as well as the Paris Fire Department, which sent one fire engine and three firefighters. 

Load comments