Henry County Medical Center saw improvement in its quality benchmarks during the most recent quarter, including its overall rating with the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
In the overall score provided by the Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems, the hospital improved from a 59.3% rating for the second quarter, comprising April-June, to 67.2% in the third quarter, comprising July-September, according to a quality report from Neely Ashby, the hospital’s chief nursing officer.
The hospital also saw an improvement in readmissions, scoring 2.67% for the third quarter, versus a 3.67% readmission rate for the second quarter.
In other business, the board:
• Learned the hospital had received a clean score with no findings on its most recent audit.
The board heard a report on the 2018-19 fiscal year audit from Laura McGregor, senior manager at the Nashville accounting firm of LBMC.
• Heard a report on Henry County Healthcare Center from administrator Sandra Ray.
Part of Ray’s presentation included an appearance by Activities Director Tim Lee as the Dr. Seuss character The Grinch.
• Learned that construction on the hospital’s Wound Care Center is on track, with plans to open in February.
In a report on hospital growth, CEO Lisa Casteel told the board the hospital is also in the midst of a renovation project for its eight-bed progressive care unit, and hoped to open that unit next month.
She reminded the board that Dr. Wayne Gibson would be joining the hospital as its first fulltime cardiologist on Monday. A new obstetrician-gynecologist, Dr. Sandra Boxell, will also be starting Monday.
• Approved $655,505 in bad debt. It also approved $101,723 in capital equipment requests, including $40,800 for pharmacy ante room construction, and $30,000 for a defibrillator.
• Approved Kreg Kyle for another term on the hospital’s Board of Trustees. The recommendation will be forwarded to the Henry County Commission for its approval.
• Observed a presentation of the colors by Daisy Scout Troop 40100 at the beginning of the meeting.