Perhaps the best known school in Henry County, Grove High School was founded in 1906 via a generous financial endowment from E.W. Grove, a wealthy businessman originally from Paris. The school originally provided four years of high school for students who successfully received an 8th grade certificate from one of the county rural schools.
In early days, housing was also provided for students in Cavitt Hall — constructed a few years after the school opened — to allow students from distant communities to attend. By the 1930s, the school was managed by the Henry County Board of Education and funding for the school was provided by taxpayer support.
Any readers who have information about the people in these photos are asked to call the Henry County Archive and Genealogy Library at 642-3638.