A former military recruiter accused of having sex with a minor was indicted for rape Monday by a Henry County grand jury.
He was among 40 defendants who were indicted during Monday’s court proceedings.
Steven Joseph Schwartz, 26, of 312 Dale St. in Paris was indicted for statutory rape by an authority figure.
Schwartz was serving as a recruiter for the U.S. Marine Corps when he allegedly had a sexual relationship with a teenager whom he had met during the course of his duties as a recruiter.
Among the indictments was one secret indictment. The name of that defendant has not yet been released pending his arrest.
All defendants indicted are scheduled to appear again in court on Monday.
Other defendants indicted on drug and sex charges are listed below.
• Brittany Jackson, 26, 1005 Bode St., Paris — Selling marijuana.
• Janice Brown, 35, 320 Peppers Drive, Paris — Possession of meth with intent to deliver.
• Regina Burnett, 42, Murray — Possession of meth with intent to deliver.
• Joseph Loog, 38, 2317 Lone Oak Road, Lot 36, Paris — Possession of meth with intent to deliver.
• Terry Lee Richards, 34, 30 Kent Road, Paris — Possession of marijuana with intent to deliver.
• Brian Joseph Swearingen, 36, Camden — Selling meth.
• Christina Gail Denton, 37, 1485 Guthrie Road, Paris — Possession of meth with intent to deliver.
• Crystal Marie Lacy, 34, 3563 Old McKenzie Highway, Henry — Possession of meth with intent to deliver.
• Tammy Rose Medlock, 53, 3089 County Home Road — Possession of meth with intent to deliver and possession of drug paraphernalia.
• Marcia Raymer, 41, 345 Friendship Road, Paris — Introduction of drugs into a penal institution where prisoners are quartered.
• Horace Horatio McNeary, 30, 2190 Old Paris-Murray Road, Paris — Possession of marijuana and tampering with evidence.
• Shantel Thompson, 19, 1106 Travis St., Paris — Possession of cocaine with the intent to deliver.
• David Lynn Ozment, 47, Gleason — Aggravated sexual battery.
• Timothy Eugene Pratt, 52, 1405 Jim Hunt Road, Cottage Grove — Violation of residential restrictions.
• Scarr Gayle Young, 50, 505 Draper St., Paris — Violation of residential restrictions, violation of the sexual offender registry and two counts of violation of community supervision.